Since 1989 the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation (CSF) has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen's organization in the political arena. CSF's mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen's Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the agenda of America's hunters and anglers.
The Event and Development intern will have opportunity to learn the importance of event planning and development in the hunting, fishing and conservation nonprofit arena.
DUTIES: Support the needs of the Event and Development team, including assisting with event preparation and breakdown. Additional responsibilities will depend upon the ability and interest of each intern and the needs of CSF. Maintaining the highest level of professionalism while interacting regularly with CSF staff, elected officials and supporters of the Foundation is vitally important.
POSITION: This is a volunteer internship with a monthly stipend of $750.00 with a potential increase not to exceed $1,000.00.
1. Undergraduate or graduate student with an interest in event planning and development;
2. Available to work on a committed weekly schedule, preferably 40 hours/week for a minimum of three months), but will also consider a part time position;
3. Ability to organize, set priorities, and work under pressure while paying attention to detail;
4. Strong computer skills;
5. Good disposition, hard working, creative, with an interest in taking on a variety of tasks; and
6. Commitment to the goals and methods of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation. An interest in hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation is encouraged.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
TO APPLY: E-mail your cover letter, complete resume, a college transcript, and three references. Finalists will be interviewed in person or by telephone. Deadline: Rolling deadline with winter, spring, summer and fall positions available.
Please send completed applications to Kelli Roessler at email@example.com.
Your opinion counts
Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) has been making the headlines recently, with several new states and a Canadian province testing positive for the disease, and many states implementing new rules to prevent its spread. How has this increased public awareness of CWD affected you?Vote Here
- It has affected my ability to participate in game meat donation programs (3.51%)
- I have altered how I plan and conduct my hunts (26.32%)
- My perception on how healthy venison is has changed (33.33%)
- It has not affected me (36.84%)