Ashley joined CSF in April of 2019 as the Office Coordinator where she oversees office operations and provides administrative support. Prior to joining CSF, she worked in the Virginia State Senate as a legislative director for six years and for the Virginia Press Association as their communications director. She holds a Bachelors of Arts from the University of Mary Washington, where she majored in Political Science.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys spending time on the Atlantic Ocean sailing and swimming.
Your opinion counts
Recently, Virginia has proposed legislation that would make the punishment for poaching, in their state, a 1-5 year prison sentence through HB-449. Poaching undermines the social acceptance of hunters, jobs, recreation, local and state economies, and conservation efforts. How should poachers be punished?Vote Here
- By sentencing them to jail time. (36.36%)
- By giving them a cash fine. (12.12%)
- By banning their hunting and fishing privileges and their ability to buy the necessary licenses. (16.16%)
- By putting them on a probation period. (1.01%)
- There should be some discretion in the penalties depending on the motivations for the poaching incident. (34.34%)