IA, IL, IN, KS, MO, NE
Joel Hodgdon joined the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) as the Central Midwestern States Coordinator in June of 2016. As a member of CSF’s States Program Team, Joel works closely with state legislators within the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses and governors within the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus from Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.
Prior to joining CSF, Joel worked in the Washington, DC office of Congressman Kevin Yoder (KS) as well as for a national financial management non-profit. He studied Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship at the University of Kansas and holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Denver.
Joel grew up in Kansas with a family business within the shooting sports industry, giving him insight into the issues facing America's sportsmen and women. He enjoys hunting upland birds and white-tailed deer in his home state and across the Midwest.
Articles by Joel Hodgdon
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (26.03%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (24.66%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.37%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (19.18%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (10.96%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (17.81%)