KY, NC, OH, VA, WV
John Culclasure joined CSF in February 2016 and is now the Central Appalachian States Manager. John works with the state legislative sportsmen’s caucuses under the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses and members of the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus in Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia.
Prior to joining CSF, John managed the land protection program at a land trust in his home state of North Carolina where he helped landowners conserve private working forests and partnered with state and federal agencies to improve access to public lands. As a volunteer sportsman, he worked with other hunters to improve wildlife habitat on National Forests by supporting active forest management projects and engaging in forest planning collaborative efforts.
John has been hunting and fishing since he was young and particularly enjoys grouse hunting with his bird dog, Susie.
John has a Bachelor of Science in forestry from the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee and a law degree from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University.
Articles by John Culclasure
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (26.03%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (24.66%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.37%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (19.18%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (10.96%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (17.81%)