Phil joined CSF in 2011 to work on development and donor relations. Prior to his start with CSF, Phil worked on the re-election campaign of Senator Harry Reid in Washington, D.C. and Nevada. After working on the campaign for nearly two years, he combined his love of politics and the outdoors, and joined the CSF team. He works closely with corporations, foundations and like-minded sportsmen and women to support the organization.
Phil was born and raised in Chestertown, MD and is a twelfth generation Marylander to his family’s farm. Having grown up on the water and around the farm, he started hunting and fishing at a young age. Phil spends much of his free time managing the farm.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in American History and Communications Studies from Lynchburg College.
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (16.48%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (29.50%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.15%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (14.94%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (18.39%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (19.54%)