Sara joined CSF in September 2013, and is now the Policy and Communications Manager. She works with the CSF team to help communicate policies consistent with sportsmen’s and women’s values.
Previously, she worked as the Communications Assistant at the Alliance to Save Energy, a non-profit promoting energy efficiency policy. She has also worked on media communications and the Anglersurvey and Huntersurvey at Southwick Associates.
She moved out to DC after graduating from the University of Colorado-Boulder, where she studied Environmental Studies with a policy specialization and Atmospheric/Oceanic Science.
Sara taught at CU Science Discovery, a summer program in Boulder teaching K-12 students about environmental sciences, while engaging them in outdoor activities including hiking, biking, fishing, and rock-climbing.
Growing up in the mountains of Colorado, Sara enjoys skiing, kayaking, hiking, fishing, and camping. She is passionate about the conservation of the outdoors and knowledgeable about the use of public lands by sportsmen and women.
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (26.03%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (24.66%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.37%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (19.18%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (10.96%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (17.81%)