Sara joined CSF in September 2013, and is now the Policy and Communications Manager. She works with the CSF team to help communicate policies consistent with sportsmen’s and women’s values.
Previously, she worked as the Communications Assistant at the Alliance to Save Energy, a non-profit promoting energy efficiency policy. She has also worked on media communications and the Anglersurvey and Huntersurvey at Southwick Associates.
Sara received a Bachelor's degree in Atmospheric/Oceanic Science, and Environmental Studies with a policy specialization from the University of Colorado - Boulder; as well as a Master's degree in Strategic Communication from American University.
Growing up in the mountains of Colorado, Sara enjoys skiing, kayaking, hiking, and fishing.
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (16.48%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (29.50%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.15%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (14.94%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (18.39%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (19.54%)