AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT
Soren Nelson joined CSF in January of 2016 as a Pacific Southwest States Coordinator. As part of CSF’s States Program Team, Soren works closely with state legislative sportsmen’s caucuses in the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses and members of the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and Utah.
Prior to joining CSF, Soren worked as a Meeting Facilitator in Northern California, where he worked with groups from state and federal agencies to solve complex conservation issues. Most recently, he served as a Political Advertising Coordinator on numerous national campaigns in Washington, DC. Soren holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Public Policy from the University of California, San Diego.
A native of Redding, California, Soren is an avid outdoorsman, and enjoys hunting, skiing, and camping with his family.
Articles by Soren Nelson
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (16.48%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (29.50%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.15%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (14.94%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (18.39%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (19.54%)