AK, ID, MT, OR, WA
Zach Widner joined CSF as its Western States Coordinator in July 2014, and now serves as the Northwestern States Senior Manager. In this role, Zach works with the state legislative sportsmen’s caucuses in the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses and members of the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus in the region, which includes Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Widner previously served as a CSF Brad Rowse Policy Fellow from June 2012 to February 2013. Most recently, he worked as an Assistant Account Manager with Pac/West Communications, a government affairs and public relations firm in Wilsonville, Oregon, where he worked on issues and campaigns related to hunting, trapping, firearms and natural resources. He graduated from Boise State University in 2011 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and an emphasis in American National Government.
A native of Weiser, Idaho, Zach is a lifelong hunter and angler. He spends most of his free time pursuing mule deer, upland game, trout, salmon and steelhead all across western Idaho and Oregon.
Articles by Zach Widner
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (26.03%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (24.66%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.37%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (19.18%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (10.96%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (17.81%)