Congressman George Holding is a proud member of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus and an avid angler. He grew up in Raleigh, North Carolina and attended Wake Forest University. Prior to being elected to the U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Holding served as the United States Attorney for North Carolina.
Representative Holding knows the positive economic impact of outdoor recreation and appreciates its importance to North Carolina’s economy. In 2011, hunters and anglers supported over 35,000 jobs, more than the combined employment of the two largest employers in the state. Sportsmen and women generated $249 million in state and local taxes that year – enough to support salaries of over 6,000 police and sheriff’s patrol officers.
Hunting and angling is not only a hobby in our country, it helps our economy grow and create jobs – which is why Representative Holding voted in support of the Sportsmen’s Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act, H.R. 3590.
Congressman Holding represents North Carolina’s 13th Congressional District – and is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and the House Judiciary Committee. He and his wife Lucy have four children – three daughters aged 14, 13, and 12, and one son aged four.
Click here for a YouTube video of Rep. Holding speaking on the economic importance of hunting and angling.
Your opinion counts
Sportsmen and women have been on the receiving end of increased attention from the non-hunting public, criticizing the traditional “grip and grin” photos on various social media platforms. As a sportsman or sportswoman, what strategies have you utilized to address this negative feedback?Vote Here
- I don’t post “grip and grin” photos for that reason (40.00%)
- My social media is private to avoid unwanted comments (20.00%)
- I engage the individual in the comment section or in direct messages (0.00%)
- I post more “grip and grin” photos to prove a point (0.00%)
- When posting hunting or fishing photos I tell a narrative that focuses on aspects of hunting that the general public widely supports, such as the procurement of meat for family and friends (10.00%)
- I don’t engage those individuals (30.00%)