Growing up in Central Maine, Congressman Bruce Poliquin has long understood the importance and tradition of fishing, hunting, camping, snowmobiling and exercising our Second Amendment rights. He still use his .22 long lever action Marlin rifle that he purchased at 14 years old.
When Congressman Poliquin was sworn in to Congress, he took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. To that end, he has supported and cosponsored several bills that will help protect our right to keep and bear arms. He strongly believes that Maine sportsmen should be able to exercise their rights to fishing, hunting, camping and snowmobiling.
“I will continue to protect our special way of life in Maine by defending our freedoms and liberties. In Congress, I will continue to support bills that will help protect our rich tradition,” said Congressman Poliquin.
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (27.27%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (21.21%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.52%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (19.70%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (12.12%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (18.18%)