Congressman Glenn Grothman from Wisconsin understands the importance of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus and joined as a member when he was elected as a freshman to the 114th Congress.
Wisconsin is known for its musky fishing, and abundant waterfowl and deer hunting opportunities, and Congressman Grothman will work hard to ensure that Wisconsin’s rich heritage of sportsman’s activities will be protected.
During his time at the Wisconsin State Legislature, Congressman Grothman supported a number of bills that ensured Wisconsin sportsmen could enjoy the outdoors. As a state Senator, Congressman Grothman sponsored and worked to pass a bill that expanded provisions for sport shooting ranges and co-sponsored a bill that would allow Class A bear licenses to be transferred to someone who has been awarded a Purple Heart or is currently serving on active duty.
“The great outdoors offers an array of sporting activities that we have the privilege to enjoy. Wisconsin in particular has a rich tradition of proud sportsmen. As a member of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus for the 114th Congress, I will protect the rights of all sportsmen and support the great heritage that many pass down to their children and grandchildren.”
Your opinion counts
Which of these considered changes do you believe would have the most positive impact on management of the recreational red snapper fishery in the Gulf of Mexico?Vote Here
- Granting full management authority (stock assessments, management of both commercial and recreational sectors, etc.) to the five Gulf states. (28.00%)
- Extending the states’ current 9-mile management jurisdictions to 25 miles. (20.00%)
- Permanently allow each state to manage its recreational sector allocation out to 200 nautical miles. (24.00%)
- Use of more appropriate management models, such as rate of harvest, rather than the commercial hard-poundage quota system currently in place. (24.00%)
- Inclusion of additional, non-federal data in stock assessments. (4.00%)