What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen’s community and fish and wildlife conservation?
Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Senate Outdoor Recreation Caucus , Senate Western Caucus.
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
Mentoring, introducing, and encouraging youth to start and continue to participate in these pursuits.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
I have many - always with my children and grandchildren.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Pleasant Valley Gun Club, and other shooting clubs.
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recruiting new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
Have you received any awards or acknowledgements for your work on behalf of sportsmen and women?
Teaming for Wildlife.
Do you have other insights or thoughts that you would like to share about your state’s rich outdoor heritage?
There's no better place than Idaho for outdoor sports!
Sen. Risch elk hunting
CSC Co-Chairs Sen. Manchin and Sen. Risch at the Congressional Shoot-Out
Your opinion counts
Sportsmen and women have been on the receiving end of increased attention from the non-hunting public, criticizing the traditional “grip and grin” photos on various social media platforms. As a sportsman or sportswoman, what strategies have you utilized to address this negative feedback?Vote Here
- I don’t post “grip and grin” photos for that reason (40.00%)
- My social media is private to avoid unwanted comments (20.00%)
- I engage the individual in the comment section or in direct messages (0.00%)
- I post more “grip and grin” photos to prove a point (0.00%)
- When posting hunting or fishing photos I tell a narrative that focuses on aspects of hunting that the general public widely supports, such as the procurement of meat for family and friends (10.00%)
- I don’t engage those individuals (30.00%)