As a lifelong resident of Arkansas, U.S. Senator John Boozman grew up exploring the backyard beauty of the Natural State and taking part in the popular pastimes of hunting and fishing.
The outdoors plays a special role in the lives of all Arkansans and there are plenty of opportunities to take advantage of the natural treasures. Arkansas is home to the Buffalo National River, home to the state’s only elk herd, and enjoyed by the state’s anglers. Eastern Arkansas is known as the “Duck Hunting Capital of the World” thanks to its unique location along the Mississippi Flyway.
Senator Boozman understands how important outdoor activities are to Arkansans and to the state’s economy. Sportsmen and women contribute $1.55 billion to Arkansas and support more than 25,000 jobs annually. He’s committed to protecting our natural resources and the ability of sportsmen to use our resources.
Protecting the multiple uses of public lands for outdoor recreation and working to defend the Second Amendment are high on Senator Boozman’s priority list. He believes that gun owners should be protected to exercise their right on federal land while enjoying the outdoors. That’s why he introduced legislation protecting this constitutional right on Army Corps of Engineers lands.
As a member of the Senate’s Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee, Senator Boozman was appointed to serve on the conference committee tasked with resolving the differences between the Senate and House versions of the Farm Bill. The conservation title authorizes programs critical to Arkansas sportsmen which is why Senator Boozman fought to preserve our natural resources while saving taxpayers’ money.
As an advocate of our nation’s veterans, Senator Boozman supports recreational based therapy like Rivers of Recovery. This program helps veterans who have been physically and psychologically injured during military service by taking them outdoors to build up their confidence and practice their new fishing skills. Senator Boozman helped the program expand in Arkansas and actively worked with anglers in the program.
Read more about what Senator Boozman is doing for sportsmen and women:
- Boozman Supports Duck Stamp Bill to Preserve Habitat and Outdoor Recreation
- Hunting: An Arkansas Tradition
- Arkansas Members Respond to U.S. Fish & Wildlife Mitigation Hatcheries Announcement
- Arkansas, Mississippi Senators Team up to Protect Farmers and Sportsmen from Burdensome Rice Regulations
- Senators Fight to Protect Farmers and Hunters from Burdensome Regulations
Your opinion counts
Which of the following conservation programs do you feel is the most important as Congress seeks to reauthorize the Farm Bill in 2018? (Click here for descriptions of each program - Source: Ducks Unlimited)Vote Here
- Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) (100.00%)
- Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Inventive Program (VPA-HIP) (0.00%)
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) (0.00%)
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) (0.00%)
- Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) (0.00%)
- Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) (0.00%)
- Sodsaver (0.00%)
- Conservation Compliance (0.00%)