Governors Sportsmen's Caucus
In 2009 the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation (CSF) formed the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus (GSC) - a bipartisan caucus of governors to protect and advance the interests of America's sportsmen and women, and advance professional fish and wildlife management policy.
The GSC facilitates communication and information exchange between participating offices in support of policies and regulations that promote and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping. Guided by a bipartisan leadership team of governors and staffed through CSF, the GSC complements and enhances the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus and the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucuses. Presently, the bipartisan GSC consists of 35 members representing diverse regions of the nation.
Click here to view the GSC roster.
Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus Leadership
Co-Chair: Governor Steve Bullock (MT)View Website
Co-Chair: Governor Matt Mead (WY)View Website
Vice-Chair: Governor Tom Wolf (PA)View Details
Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus Members: Sportsmen’s Profiles
- Governor Phil Bryant (MS)
- Governor John Edwards (LA)
- Governor Bruce Rauner (IL)
- Governor Scott Walker (WI)
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (18.13%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (26.32%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.17%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (16.37%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (16.96%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (21.05%)