Date: Oct 03
Time: All Day Event
Address: , Lexington, NC View in Google Maps
This annual event is hosted by the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation and Honorary Board of Directors member Richard Childress at Childress Vineyards in North Carolina. This event brings together the sportsmen's community, NASCAR representatives, and federal and state legislators to discuss sportsmen's priorities in the southeastern region.
For more information, please contact PJ Carleton, Senior Director of Events and Donor Relations, at email@example.com or (202) 543-6850 x22.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
Which of these considered changes do you believe would have the most positive impact on management of the recreational red snapper fishery in the Gulf of Mexico?Vote Here
- Granting full management authority (stock assessments, management of both commercial and recreational sectors, etc.) to the five Gulf states. (33.33%)
- Extending the states’ current 9-mile management jurisdictions to 25 miles. (19.05%)
- Permanently allow each state to manage its recreational sector allocation out to 200 nautical miles. (19.05%)
- Use of more appropriate management models, such as rate of harvest, rather than the commercial hard-poundage quota system currently in place. (23.81%)
- Inclusion of additional, non-federal data in stock assessments. (4.76%)