June 6-14, 2020 is National Fishing & Boating Week (NFBW). NFBW occurs every year to recognize the importance of recreational fishing and boating as some of our favorite outdoor pursuits. NFBW commemorates the value that recreational boating and fishing brings to communities, the economy, and conservation. During NFBW all states provide free fishing days – some offer free fishing weekends - to encourage people to pursue fishing on public waters without a fishing license requirement.
Below are links to each state agency’s website for more information on how to obtain a fishing license beyond the free fishing opportunities during NFBW.
Your opinion counts
What it your primary motivation to hunt?Vote Here
- To acquire food (7.06%)
- To spend time with friends and family in the outdoors (14.12%)
- To acquire a trophy (2.35%)
- To challenge yourself physically and/or mentally (4.71%)
- None of the above (1.18%)
- Several, or all of the above (70.59%)