What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen's community and fish and wildlife conservation?
Chairman of Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture and Rural Development, Natural Resource Committee, Louisiana Hunter's Against Poachers.
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
Protecting the Second Amendments rights of our outdoorsmen and making sure we have open land and waterways to hunt and fish.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
Any time that was spent on the waterways or woods with family and friends.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
National Rifle Association, Coastal Conservation Association (CCA), Local camp - Camp Pocahontas.
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recruiting new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
Lack of interest due to current technology.
Do you have other insights or thought that you would like to share about your state's rich outdoor heritage?
Louisiana is definitely the sportman's paradise!
Your opinion counts
Sportsmen and women have been on the receiving end of increased attention from the non-hunting public, criticizing the traditional “grip and grin” photos on various social media platforms. As a sportsman or sportswoman, what strategies have you utilized to address this negative feedback?Vote Here
- I don’t post “grip and grin” photos for that reason (34.48%)
- My social media is private to avoid unwanted comments (20.69%)
- I engage the individual in the comment section or in direct messages (3.45%)
- I post more “grip and grin” photos to prove a point (3.45%)
- When posting hunting or fishing photos I tell a narrative that focuses on aspects of hunting that the general public widely supports, such as the procurement of meat for family and friends (20.69%)
- I don’t engage those individuals (17.24%)