The Prairie State has 1.31 million hunters and anglers who spend $2.34 billion annually and support 31,597 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Illinois are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus and the Illinois Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Illinois please contact Midwestern States Director Chris Horton.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Illinois Members — Your representatives in Congress.
- Rep. Mike Bost
- Rep. Cheri Bustos
- Rep. Rodney Davis
- Sen. Richard Durbin
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger
- Rep. Darin LaHood
- Rep. John Shimkus
Illinois Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Neil Anderson
Senator Andy Manar
Representative Michael Unes
- Illinois: Legislation to Expand Apprentice & Youth Deer Hunting opportunities heads to Governor’s DeskJun 17
- Illinois: Legislation Could Expand Apprentice Hunting OpportunitiesApr 8
- Illinois: Governor Signs Pro-Hunting Blaze Pink, Poaching Regulation Bills into LawAug 24 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Recently, numerous states have tried to pass legislation that would ban hunting contests. What is your personal view on hunting contests?
- I am fine with hunting contests and have participated in them. (35.29%)
- I support others’ ability to participate in them but I choose not to. (27.94%)
- I support hunting contests, but believe the regulations governing the contests should be updated to ensure that all contest promoters work with tanneries to make use of the animals harvested. (14.71%)
- I am against hunting contests. (20.59%)
- I am unsure. (1.47%)