CSF works diligently on your behalf to keep elected officials at every level aware of the issues important to sportsmen and women. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to help support the work of the Foundation please use the Donation Form or contact PJ Carleton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your opinion counts
Recently, Virginia has proposed legislation that would make the punishment for poaching, in their state, a 1-5 year prison sentence through HB-449. Poaching undermines the social acceptance of hunters, jobs, recreation, local and state economies, and conservation efforts. How should poachers be punished?Vote Here
- By sentencing them to jail time. (32.35%)
- By giving them a cash fine. (17.65%)
- By banning their hunting and fishing privileges and their ability to buy the necessary licenses. (11.76%)
- By putting them on a probation period. (0.00%)
- There should be some discretion in the penalties depending on the motivations for the poaching incident. (38.24%)