CSF works diligently on your behalf to keep elected officials at every level aware of the issues important to sportsmen and women. If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to help support the work of the Foundation please use the Donation Form at the bottom of this page or contact Phil Hoon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your opinion counts
Which of these considered changes do you believe would have the most positive impact on management of the recreational red snapper fishery in the Gulf of Mexico?Vote Here
- Granting full management authority (stock assessments, management of both commercial and recreational sectors, etc.) to the five Gulf states. (28.00%)
- Extending the states’ current 9-mile management jurisdictions to 25 miles. (20.00%)
- Permanently allow each state to manage its recreational sector allocation out to 200 nautical miles. (24.00%)
- Use of more appropriate management models, such as rate of harvest, rather than the commercial hard-poundage quota system currently in place. (24.00%)
- Inclusion of additional, non-federal data in stock assessments. (4.00%)