Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) Senior Director of Northeastern States Brent Miller has been appointed to serve on the National Wildlife Services Advisory Committee (NWSAC) for a two-year term.
NWSAC is a Federal Advisory Committee that provides advice and guidance to the United States Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) on the activities of the Wildlife Services (WS) program.
Through Miller’s appointment, CSF will have a participating role within the Committee, which is comprised of a diverse group of stakeholders who will provide input to the Secretary of Agriculture on policy, needed resources, and impacts of decisions made by the WS program. During his term, Miller will ensure that the sportsmen’s voice is heard on decisions related to agriculture, wildlife management, animal welfare, public health and safety issues, among others.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
The House Appropriations Committee is now making decisions regarding funding allocations for FY 2020. Which of the following conservation priorities – largely led by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Members – is the most important to you?Vote Here
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act (13.45%)
- Chronic Wasting Disease management and studies (21.85%)
- National Fish Habitat Conservation (5.88%)
- Wildlife Migration Corridors (47.90%)
- National Wildlife Refuges (7.56%)
- Exemption of lead fishing tackle under the Toxic Substances Control Act (3.36%)