On September 27, member groups within the Cooperative Alliance for Refuge Enhancement (C.A.R.E.), including the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF), gathered in the Rayburn House Office Building for the annual Refuge Expo.
This expo provided an opportunity for Members of Congress and their staffers to discuss wildlife refuge enhancement policies with conservation organizations.
Congressmen Rob Wittman (VA), Ron Kind (WI), Mike Thompson (CA) – all members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus – addressed attendees. Rep. Wittman explained the importance of the recently passed Keeping America’s Refuges Operational Act (H.R. 3979), which will enhance volunteer and education programs in the refuge system.
CSC Member Representative Rob Wittman speaking at the Refuge Enhancement Expo.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (16.48%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (29.50%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.15%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (14.94%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (18.39%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (19.54%)