On September 27, member groups within the Cooperative Alliance for Refuge Enhancement (C.A.R.E.), including the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF), gathered in the Rayburn House Office Building for the annual Refuge Expo.
This expo provided an opportunity for Members of Congress and their staffers to discuss wildlife refuge enhancement policies with conservation organizations.
Congressmen Rob Wittman (VA), Ron Kind (WI), Mike Thompson (CA) – all members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus – addressed attendees. Rep. Wittman explained the importance of the recently passed Keeping America’s Refuges Operational Act (H.R. 3979), which will enhance volunteer and education programs in the refuge system.
CSC Member Representative Rob Wittman speaking at the Refuge Enhancement Expo.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
The House Appropriations Committee is now making decisions regarding funding allocations for FY 2020. Which of the following conservation priorities – largely led by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Members – is the most important to you?Vote Here
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act (10.91%)
- Chronic Wasting Disease management and studies (24.85%)
- National Fish Habitat Conservation (9.70%)
- Wildlife Migration Corridors (42.42%)
- National Wildlife Refuges (8.48%)
- Exemption of lead fishing tackle under the Toxic Substances Control Act (3.64%)