This Tuesday, May 8, at 10:15am ET, the House Natural Resources Committee will hold a markup on the Modernizing the Pittman-Robertson Fund for Tomorrow’s Needs Act (H.R. 2591).
This bill was introduced by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Vice-Chair Congressman Austin Scott (GA) in 2017. It amends the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act to provide further financial and technical assistance to state fish and wildlife agencies by allowing them to use those funds for recruitment and retention of sportsmen and women and hunter education programs. In November 2017, twenty-eight wildlife conservation organizations, including the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, sent a letter in support of this legislation to the Committee.
Tune in to watch the markup live: naturalresources.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=404614
Share this page
Your opinion counts
Which of the following conservation programs do you feel is the most important as Congress seeks to reauthorize the Farm Bill in 2018? (Click here for descriptions of each program - Source: Ducks Unlimited)Vote Here
- Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) (45.78%)
- Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Incentive Program (VPA-HIP) (22.89%)
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP) (4.82%)
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) (12.05%)
- Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) (8.43%)
- Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) (2.41%)
- Sodsaver (0.00%)
- Conservation Compliance (3.61%)