This Tuesday, May 8, at 10:15am ET, the House Natural Resources Committee will hold a markup on the Modernizing the Pittman-Robertson Fund for Tomorrow’s Needs Act (H.R. 2591).
This bill was introduced by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Vice-Chair Congressman Austin Scott (GA) in 2017. It amends the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act to provide further financial and technical assistance to state fish and wildlife agencies by allowing them to use those funds for recruitment and retention of sportsmen and women and hunter education programs. In November 2017, twenty-eight wildlife conservation organizations, including the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, sent a letter in support of this legislation to the Committee.
Tune in to watch the markup live: naturalresources.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=404614
Share this page
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (16.48%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (29.50%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.15%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (14.94%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (18.39%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (19.54%)