Recently, two members of the bipartisan and bicameral Pennsylvania Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC), hosted an Open House on Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD).
The Open House took place at Oliver Township Volunteer Fire Company, in Coolspring, Pennsylvania, and provided citizens with the opportunity to ask questions and easily access information about CWD. No formal presentations took place during this event, but multiple self-explanatory stations guided participants through topics on the following: background on CWD; specific information regarding Disease Management Area #3 (DMA3); regulations specific to DMAs; and actions the Pennsylvania Game Commission has taken and continues to take regarding this important wildlife health issue.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
The House Appropriations Committee is now making decisions regarding funding allocations for FY 2020. Which of the following conservation priorities – largely led by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus Members – is the most important to you?Vote Here
- North American Wetlands Conservation Act (7.14%)
- Chronic Wasting Disease management and studies (42.86%)
- National Fish Habitat Conservation (0.00%)
- Wildlife Migration Corridors (35.71%)
- National Wildlife Refuges (14.29%)
- Exemption of lead fishing tackle under the Toxic Substances Control Act (0.00%)