Recently, two members of the bipartisan and bicameral Pennsylvania Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC), hosted an Open House on Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD).
The Open House took place at Oliver Township Volunteer Fire Company, in Coolspring, Pennsylvania, and provided citizens with the opportunity to ask questions and easily access information about CWD. No formal presentations took place during this event, but multiple self-explanatory stations guided participants through topics on the following: background on CWD; specific information regarding Disease Management Area #3 (DMA3); regulations specific to DMAs; and actions the Pennsylvania Game Commission has taken and continues to take regarding this important wildlife health issue.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (16.48%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (29.50%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.15%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (14.94%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (18.39%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (19.54%)