On June 4, the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation sponsored a legislative reception held by in-state partner, the Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Caucus Co-Chairs Representative Eddie Day Pashinski and Senator Pat Stefano were in attendance, as well as staff from the offices of Caucus Co-Chairs Senator Jim Brewster and Representative Ryan Warner. Also in attendance were Bryan Burhans, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Game Commission, representatives from the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, both the Majority and Minority Executive Directors of the Game and Fisheries Committee, and various conservation partners from the Keystone State.
Key policy items that attendees discussed while at the event included repealing the states prohibition against Sunday hunting, combatting the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease, and authorizing both the Game Commission and the Fish and Boat Commission the authority to set license, permit, and tag fees.
Share this page
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the biggest obstacle that deters younger individuals from joining the hunting community?Vote Here
- Lack of access to hunting areas (27.27%)
- Lack of a mentor or instructor to take them (21.21%)
- Age limit restrictions on when they can purchase a license (1.52%)
- Lack of time or competing interests (19.70%)
- Technology (social media, phones, computers) (12.12%)
- Perceived negative public or peer-group opinions (18.18%)