Location:Washington, D.C. preferred but will consider other locations.
Salary:Commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous benefits package including health, dental, life, and 401k.
How to apply:
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to Kelli Altimus at email@example.com.
The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) is seeking a Policy and Communications Coordinator to join the Washington, DC, team. This position will report to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications and work closely with the policy departments to promote CSF’s policy work through various communications channels to the media, conservation partners, and the public.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans that advance the Foundation’s policy and advocacy agenda for each of its priority federal and state issue areas.
- Provide communications support to the States Program Team and Federal Policy staff, as well as Development and Events Team.
- Maintain and build relationships with national and key regional news media outlets to advance CSF’s policy agenda.
- Position CSF as a leader in the sportsmen’s community and support the media needs of policy related events, particularly as they include the President and CEO of CSF or other relevant CSF leadership.
- Act as the organization’s media contact and assist with placing creative, policy-driven articles in national, state, and local media outlets.
- Manage in-bound press inquiries.
- Develop and create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, position statements, and briefing materials.
- Draft talking points for senior staff, Board Members, events speakers, and federal and state Caucus members as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, manage organization’s trademarks and website domains; contact database distribution lists; website content and design; among others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications or related field
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in policy communications field;
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes, with professional experience preferred;
- Experience with InDesign and other Adobe Suite products;
- Strong journalistic and creative writing skills;
- Excellent proof reading, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge, interest, and support of hunting, fishing, and professional wildlife management issues.
Your opinion counts
Studies conducted at both the state and federal level have found that the number of hunters and trappers have been on a generally declining trend over the past several decades. To increase recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) of hunters and trappers, which initiative do you think would have the greatest impact?Vote Here
- Increase the number of states with discounted license tailored to specific groups. (3.27%)
- Increase access to public lands. (26.12%)
- Provide more information for new participants. (2.86%)
- Provide hands on opportunities to improve skills and knowledge. (14.49%)
- Engage youth through hunter and conservation programs in schools. (45.71%)
- I feel we have enough sportsmen and women and do not believe R3 programs are necessary. (7.55%)