What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen’s community and fish and wildlife conservation?
Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Senate Outdoor Recreation Caucus , Senate Western Caucus.
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
Mentoring, introducing, and encouraging youth to start and continue to participate in these pursuits.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
I have many - always with my children and grandchildren.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
Ducks Unlimited, Trout Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Pleasant Valley Gun Club, and other shooting clubs.
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recruiting new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
Have you received any awards or acknowledgements for your work on behalf of sportsmen and women?
Teaming for Wildlife.
Do you have other insights or thoughts that you would like to share about your state’s rich outdoor heritage?
There's no better place than Idaho for outdoor sports!
Sen. Risch elk hunting
CSC Co-Chairs Sen. Manchin and Sen. Risch at the Congressional Shoot-Out
Your opinion counts
Studies conducted at both the state and federal level have found that the number of hunters and trappers have been on a generally declining trend over the past several decades. To increase recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) of hunters and trappers, which initiative do you think would have the greatest impact?Vote Here
- Increase the number of states with discounted license tailored to specific groups. (3.27%)
- Increase access to public lands. (26.12%)
- Provide more information for new participants. (2.86%)
- Provide hands on opportunities to improve skills and knowledge. (14.49%)
- Engage youth through hunter and conservation programs in schools. (45.71%)
- I feel we have enough sportsmen and women and do not believe R3 programs are necessary. (7.55%)