The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) is seeking a talented, motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Coordinator, Policy Communications. Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, this position will primarily be responsible for promoting CSF’s policy work through broad communications strategies across various emerging media, as well as implementing and developing campaigns to reach and engage customers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategic communications plans that report on the Foundation’s policy and advocacy efforts for each of its priority federal and state issue areas.
- Coordinating cross-departmental collaboration on communications efforts and providing communications support to other departments, as needed.
- Assist in the development of email marketing strategies and assets, with clear timelines and goals.
- Develop a variety of different content to support policy communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, articles for member publications, and press releases.
- Assist the state and federal policy teams in advancing specific policy items through setting up and running targeted grassroots advocacy campaigns using CRM software; and work with partners and colleagues to expand CSF’s database of contacts within each state to increase the effectiveness of grassroots efforts.
- Draft talking points for senior staff, Board Members, events speakers, and federal and state Caucus members as needed.
- Monitor analytics and create reports detailing the successes and failures of communications campaigns and strategies.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with journalists and other members of the press and coordinating responses to external media inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned including, but not limited to, managing the organization’s trademarks and website domains; contact database distribution lists; website content and design; among others.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications or related field
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in policy communications field;
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes, with professional experience preferred;
- Experience with grassroots advocacy platforms;
- Strong writing skills with experience in persuasive policy communications;
- Excellent proof reading, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and methods.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, manage priorities in a demanding environment;
- Knowledge, interest, and support of hunting, fishing, and professional wildlife management issues
LOCATION: Washington, DC preferred but will consider other locations.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous benefits package including health, dental, life, and 401k.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three professional references to Kelli Altimus at firstname.lastname@example.org.