About the role:
The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) is seeking a (Senior) Events Manager that can lead our events. CSF operates numerous events nationally and regionally. These events are inclusive of both policy and fundraising type events. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to plan, budget, coordinate with internal and external partners, execute, and provide post-event analysis.
Since 1989 the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen’s organization in the political arena. CSF’s mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen’s Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the interests of America’s hunters and anglers.
- Mission: The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation works with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting, trapping, and the American values they serve.
- Vision: We believe the American system of conservation and the essential role of its sporting traditions must be broadly recognized and strengthened; that all who respect and care for the outdoors must support it as American hunters, anglers, recreational shooters, and trappers have always done for our future generations; and that CSF will remain the most effective voice for sportsmen and women in providing information, advice and support to elected and appointed leaders in perpetuating these American traditions.
- Culture: The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation maintains a mission-driven culture of excellence in all endeavors – both internally and externally. This culture is achieved through all staff adhering to our core values, and has positioned the organization to be the unrivaled leader in the sportsmen’s policy space and the most respected entity policymakers look to on hunting, angling, recreational shooting, trapping, and other conservation-related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the majority of CSF events from start to finish; inclusive of planning, budgeting, and execution;
- Identify, communicate, and collaborate with key stakeholders (internally & externally) to ensure event success;
- Represent CSF & its mission with integrity, passion, & optimism. Strong preference will be given to those candidates with knowledge base related to hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping;
- Schedule event dates and locations; and conduct site visits if necessary;
- Supervise the creation of invitations and other collateral materials for events;
- Distribute invitations, track event attendance, and ensure fulfillment of sponsor benefits;
- Coordinate and manage hotel room blocks;
- Coordinate event catering, audio visual, and photography needs;
- Assist in event fundraising and sponsorship solicitation;
- Support the Sr. Director of events & donor relations;
- Ability to lead events both on and off site; and provide post-event analysis.
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain relationships with CSF caucus members, board members, mission partners & individual donors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Preference given to those with degrees in Hospitality and/or Marketing;
- Minimum of 5 years of Event Management experience; with preference given to those that have event management experience in a 501(c3) non-profit environment;
- Demonstrated interest in a long-term event planning career;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to multi-task numerous projects simultaneously;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated experience;
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, when needed, including evenings and weekends;
- Willingness to travel to events outside of DC area when needed.
TBD – Preference will be given to those in the metro-Washington D.C. area.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kelli Altimus at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, 110 North Carolina Ave, SE, Washington, DC 20003.