What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen’s community and fish and wildlife conservation?
New York State Assembly Minority Water Quality Task Force
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
My top priority for New York sportsmen and women is to preserve the hunting and fishing traditions of New York. Our rights are under constant attack in the legislature and I will continue to stand in defense of our long held traditions. I also am an outspoken advocate for land preservation, water protection and rehabilitation in my district and across the state.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
The first time I took my wife, Nikki, fishing with me. She had never gone fishing before and was looking for a way out of the trip up to the very last minute. I was able to finally convince her to join me. Needless to say she out fished me and has done so every time since and loves it.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
Black Rock Fish and Game Club, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, National Rifle Association, and Ducks Unlimited
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recruiting new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
The biggest obstacle to recruiting is ensuring that those who are interested have friendly, accessible mentors willing to teach them in a hands on way.
Your opinion counts
Sportsmen and women have been on the receiving end of increased attention from the non-hunting public, criticizing the traditional “grip and grin” photos on various social media platforms. As a sportsman or sportswoman, what strategies have you utilized to address this negative feedback?Vote Here
- I don’t post “grip and grin” photos for that reason (40.00%)
- My social media is private to avoid unwanted comments (20.00%)
- I engage the individual in the comment section or in direct messages (0.00%)
- I post more “grip and grin” photos to prove a point (0.00%)
- When posting hunting or fishing photos I tell a narrative that focuses on aspects of hunting that the general public widely supports, such as the procurement of meat for family and friends (10.00%)
- I don’t engage those individuals (30.00%)