What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen's community and fish and wildlife conservation?
Culture, Recreation and Tourism; Natural Resources
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
Maintaining access to the heritage of hunting and fishing that we've always enjoyed.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
Quail hunting with my father and brothers growing up.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
Largemouth bass and quail.
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
The Coastal Conservation Association and National Rifle Association.
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recurring new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
Access. In Texas we do not have a lot of public lands. 90% of our state is private lands.
Have you received any awards or acknowledgements for your work on behalf of sportsmen and women?
Sierra Club's Parks and Wildlife Legislative Service Award, 2013.
Do you have other insights or thoughts that you would like to share about your state's rich outdoor heritage?
It was a large part of my upbringing and I still enjoy it today.
Your opinion counts
Sportsmen and women have been on the receiving end of increased attention from the non-hunting public, criticizing the traditional “grip and grin” photos on various social media platforms. As a sportsman or sportswoman, what strategies have you utilized to address this negative feedback?Vote Here
- I don’t post “grip and grin” photos for that reason (34.48%)
- My social media is private to avoid unwanted comments (20.69%)
- I engage the individual in the comment section or in direct messages (3.45%)
- I post more “grip and grin” photos to prove a point (3.45%)
- When posting hunting or fishing photos I tell a narrative that focuses on aspects of hunting that the general public widely supports, such as the procurement of meat for family and friends (20.69%)
- I don’t engage those individuals (17.24%)