What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen's community and fish and wildlife conservation?
Chairman of Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture and Rural Development, Natural Resource Committee, Louisiana Hunter's Against Poachers.
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
Protecting the Second Amendments rights of our outdoorsmen and making sure we have open land and waterways to hunt and fish.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
Any time that was spent on the waterways or woods with family and friends.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
National Rifle Association, Coastal Conservation Association (CCA), Local camp - Camp Pocahontas.
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recruiting new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
Lack of interest due to current technology.
Do you have other insights or thought that you would like to share about your state's rich outdoor heritage?
Louisiana is definitely the sportman's paradise!
Your opinion counts
Recently, two Montana state representatives have proposed more aggressive legislation addressing the state's gray wolf population. These bills range from the addition of a wolf tag into big game combination tags, to year-round sanctioned harvest without a license, use of snare traps, and private reimbursement of wolf harvest. Currently, the wolf population in Montana sits at 850 wolves, which is 700 over the state’s minimum recovery goal of 150 wolves. Which of the below options for wolf management do you support? (Select all that apply)Vote Here
- Regulated hunting under the management of the state fish and wildlife agency during a specific season (22.92%)
- Year-round hunting of wolves without a license (14.58%)
- The use of snares (trapping) without hunting allowances (2.08%)
- A combination of hunting and trapping during specific seasons regulated by the fish and wildlife agency (37.50%)
- The establishment of a bounty program to incentivize harvest during specific seasons (2.08%)
- Other (0.00%)
- I do not support the take of wolves (20.83%)