What Committees or Caucuses have you been affiliated with in office that support the sportsmen’s community and fish and wildlife conservation?
I am a member of the CT Sportsmen's Caucus and the Environment Committee (2yrs) and am starting my 2nd Term.
What is your top policy priority for the sportsmen and women in your state?
Assuring they have an invested voice on all issues.
What is your most memorable outdoor (hunting, fishing, recreational shooting, or trapping) experience?
My 1st Deer hunt in 1967 in Juneau, AK.
What is your favorite fish or game to pursue?
What hunting, fishing, shooting, trapping or other related organizations are you a member of?
Torrington Gun Club and the Northwest CT Sportsman's Council.
What do you consider the biggest obstacle to recruiting new participants to hunting, angling, recreational shooting and trapping?
Young peoples lessoning of interest in outdoor sports.
Your opinion counts
Sportsmen and women have been on the receiving end of increased attention from the non-hunting public, criticizing the traditional “grip and grin” photos on various social media platforms. As a sportsman or sportswoman, what strategies have you utilized to address this negative feedback?Vote Here
- I don’t post “grip and grin” photos for that reason (38.46%)
- My social media is private to avoid unwanted comments (19.23%)
- I engage the individual in the comment section or in direct messages (3.85%)
- I post more “grip and grin” photos to prove a point (0.00%)
- When posting hunting or fishing photos I tell a narrative that focuses on aspects of hunting that the general public widely supports, such as the procurement of meat for family and friends (23.08%)
- I don’t engage those individuals (15.38%)