Ranking 7th in spending and 6th nationally in total number of sportsmen, the North Star State's 1,649,000 hunters and anglers spend $3.17 billion and support 47,901 jobs annually. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Minnesota are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus and the Minnesota Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Minnesota please contact Upper Midwestern States Manager Nick Buggia.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Minnesota Members — Your representatives in Congress.
- Representative Tom Emmer
- Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Representative Jason Lewis
- Representative Rick Nolan
- Representative Erik Paulsen
- Congressman Collin Peterson
- Representative Tim Walz
Minnesota Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Carrie Ruud
Senator David Tomassoni
Representative Joe Hoppe
Representative Leon Lillie
Minnesota S 2313Apr 10
Relates to game and fish; modifies elk management plan requirements.
Minnesota H 2567Apr 10
Relates to public safety; removes switch blade knives from the list of prohibited dangerous weapons.
- Minnesota S 723Mar 27
- Minnesota H 2411Mar 16
- Minnesota H 2384Mar 16
- Minnesota S 2079Mar 15
- Minnesota S 2031Mar 15
- Minnesota S 2010Mar 13
- Minnesota S 1993Mar 13 View more legislative alerts »
- Midwest: State Action in the Fight against Chronic Wasting DiseaseAug 17
- Great Lakes: CSF and Partners Support the Fight against Asian CarpAug 10
- Minnesota: Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus Joins with Conservation Leaders at Pheasant FestFeb 23 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) has been making the headlines recently, with several new states and a Canadian province testing positive for the disease, and many states implementing new rules to prevent its spread. How has this increased public awareness of CWD affected you?Vote Here
- It has affected my ability to participate in game meat donation programs (3.51%)
- I have altered how I plan and conduct my hunts (26.32%)
- My perception on how healthy venison is has changed (33.33%)
- It has not affected me (36.84%)