Ranking first overall in the nation, The Sunshine State's 3.15 million hunters and anglers spend $5.9 billion per year and support 94,884 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Florida are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, Governor Rick Scott and the Florida Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Florida please contact Southeastern States Assistant Director John Culclasure.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Florida Members — Your representatives in Congress.
- Representative Gus Bilirakis
- Representative Vern Buchanan
- Representative Ron DeSantis
- Representative Neal Dunn
- Representative Alcee Hastings
- Representative Brian Mast
- Representative Bill Posey
- Representative John Rutherford
- Representative Greg Steube
- Representative Ted Yoho
Florida Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
- Florida: 2020 Legislative UpdatesApr 6
- Florida: Hunter Harassment Legislation AdvancesMar 9
- Florida: Caucus Holds Annual Dinner with CommissionFeb 24 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Recently, numerous states have tried to pass legislation that would ban hunting contests. What is your personal view on hunting contests?
- I am fine with hunting contests and have participated in them. (35.29%)
- I support others’ ability to participate in them but I choose not to. (27.94%)
- I support hunting contests, but believe the regulations governing the contests should be updated to ensure that all contest promoters work with tanneries to make use of the animals harvested. (14.71%)
- I am against hunting contests. (20.59%)
- I am unsure. (1.47%)