The Beaver State's 703,000 hunters and fishermen spend $929 million annually and support 14,769 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Oregon are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus as well as the Oregon Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Oregon, please contact CSF Rocky Mountain States Senior Coordinator and Marcomm Liasion Ellary TuckerWilliams.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Oregon Members — Your representatives in Congress.
- Representative Peter DeFazio
- Senator Jeff Merkley
- Representative Kurt Schrader
- Representative Greg Walden
Oregon Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
- Beaver Trapping Ban Petition Denied in OregonNov 23
- Oregon Fish and Game Commission to Consider Permanent Ban on Beaver Trapping on Federal LandsNov 2
- Oregon: Beaver Trapping Ban Decision by the ODFW Commission DelayedJun 22 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Recently, two Montana state representatives have proposed more aggressive legislation addressing the state's gray wolf population. These bills range from the addition of a wolf tag into big game combination tags, to year-round sanctioned harvest without a license, use of snare traps, and private reimbursement of wolf harvest. Currently, the wolf population in Montana sits at 850 wolves, which is 700 over the state’s minimum recovery goal of 150 wolves. Which of the below options for wolf management do you support? (Select all that apply)Vote Here
- Regulated hunting under the management of the state fish and wildlife agency during a specific season (24.75%)
- Year-round hunting of wolves without a license (14.85%)
- The use of snares (trapping) without hunting allowances (1.98%)
- A combination of hunting and trapping during specific seasons regulated by the fish and wildlife agency (33.66%)
- The establishment of a bounty program to incentivize harvest during specific seasons (2.97%)
- Other (1.98%)
- I do not support the take of wolves (19.80%)