The Old Dominion State's 1.07 million hunters and anglers spend $2.38 billion annually and support 39,164 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Virginia are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus and the Virginia Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Virginia please contact Southeastern States Assistant Director John Culclasure.
Virginia State Caucus Fact Sheet
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Virginia Members — Your representatives in Congress.
Virginia Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
- Public Lands Sunday Hunting Legislation Introduced in VirginiaJan 11
- Public Comment Period Open for Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources Proposed Regulation ChangesSep 14
- Southeast: 2020 Regional Legislative UpdateJun 1 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Recently, two Montana state representatives have proposed more aggressive legislation addressing the state's gray wolf population. These bills range from the addition of a wolf tag into big game combination tags, to year-round sanctioned harvest without a license, use of snare traps, and private reimbursement of wolf harvest. Currently, the wolf population in Montana sits at 850 wolves, which is 700 over the state’s minimum recovery goal of 150 wolves. Which of the below options for wolf management do you support? (Select all that apply)Vote Here
- Regulated hunting under the management of the state fish and wildlife agency during a specific season (25.81%)
- Year-round hunting of wolves without a license (13.98%)
- The use of snares (trapping) without hunting allowances (2.15%)
- A combination of hunting and trapping during specific seasons regulated by the fish and wildlife agency (32.26%)
- The establishment of a bounty program to incentivize harvest during specific seasons (3.23%)
- Other (2.15%)
- I do not support the take of wolves (20.43%)