The Mount Rushmore State’s 430,000 sportsmen contribute over $1.04 billion annually and support 14,780 jobs. Working with the CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in South Dakota are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, Governor Kristi Noem, and the South Dakota Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in South Dakota please contact Upper Midwestern States Manager Nick Buggia.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
South Dakota Members — Your representatives in Congress.
Governor Kristi Noem
Governors Sportsmen's Caucus Member
A network of pro-sportsmen governors who work to advance the sportsmen's agenda
South Dakota Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Gary Cammack
Senator Jason Frerichs
Representative Spencer Hawley
Representative Herman Otten
- Midwest: State Action in the Fight against Chronic Wasting DiseaseAug 17
- South Dakota: Governor Signs Bill Expanding Mentored Hunting Program into LawMar 30
- South Dakota: Caucus Leadership Introduces Pro-Sportsmen LegislationFeb 1 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the most important state-level policy issue impacting sportsmen and women in the 2019 legislative sessions?Vote Here
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Reactivating (R3) hunters and anglers (26.02%)
- Addressing the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) (17.84%)
- Increasing public hunting and angling access (23.79%)
- Combating the anti-sportsmen and animal rights agendas (32.34%)