The Mount Rushmore State’s 430,000 sportsmen contribute over $1.04 billion annually and support 14,780 jobs. Working with the CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in South Dakota are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, Governor Kristi Noem, and the South Dakota Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in South Dakota please contact Upper Midwestern States Manager Nick Buggia.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
South Dakota Members — Your representatives in Congress.
Governor Kristi Noem
Governors Sportsmen's Caucus Member
A network of pro-sportsmen governors who work to advance the sportsmen's agenda
South Dakota Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
- Midwest: 2020 Regional Legislative UpdateMay 26
- South Dakota: 2020 Mountain Lion Season Ends in Success for Hunters and the LionsMay 11
- South Dakota Habitat Stamp Would Generate Additional Money for ConservationMar 2 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
What it your primary motivation to hunt?Vote Here
- To acquire food (7.78%)
- To spend time with friends and family in the outdoors (15.56%)
- To acquire a trophy (2.22%)
- To challenge yourself physically and/or mentally (4.44%)
- None of the above (1.11%)
- Several, or all of the above (68.89%)