Ranking 5th in the country, The Golden State's 1.82 million hunters and anglers spend $3.5 billion annually and support 56,388 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in California are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, as well as the California Legislature Outdoor Sporting Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in California, please contact CSF Western States Coordinator Aoibheann Cline (pronounced "A-veen").
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
California Members — Your representatives in Congress.
- Representative Ken Calvert
- Representative Paul Cook
- Representative Jim Costa
- Representative TJ Cox
- Representative John Garamendi
- Representative Jared Huffman
- Representative Doug LaMalfa
- Representative Tom McClintock
- Representative Jimmy Panetta
- Representative Mike Thompson
California Outdoor Sporting Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Bill Dodd
Senator Brian Jones
Assembly Member Adam Gray
Assembly Member Marie Waldron
- California: Striped Bass Policy AdoptionMar 16
- California: Salvaging Game Meat from Road Kill Still Illegal in CaliforniaJan 13
- California: Action on the Delta Fisheries Management Policy and Striped Bass Policy Postponed Until FebruaryDec 23 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Recently, numerous states have tried to pass legislation that would ban hunting contests. What is your personal view on hunting contests?
- I am fine with hunting contests and have participated in them. (44.23%)
- I support others’ ability to participate in them but I choose not to. (25.00%)
- I support hunting contests, but believe the regulations governing the contests should be updated to ensure that all contest promoters work with tanneries to make use of the animals harvested. (17.31%)
- I am against hunting contests. (13.46%)
- I am unsure. (0.00%)