Ranking 5th in the country, The Golden State's 1.82 million hunters and anglers spend $3.5 billion annually and support 56,388 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in California are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, as well as the California Legislature Outdoor Sporting Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in California please contact Senior Director, Federal Land Policy/Western States Andy Treharne.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
California Members — Your representatives in Congress.
- Representative Ken Calvert
- Representative Jim Costa
- Representative John Garamendi
- Representative Jared Huffman
- Representative Duncan Hunter Jr.
- Representative Doug LaMalfa
- Representative Tom McClintock
- Representative Jimmy Panetta
- Representative Mike Thompson
- Representative David Valadao
California Outdoor Sporting Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Tom Berryhill
Senator Cathleen Galgiani
Assembly Member Brian Dahle
Assembly Member Jim Frazier
- California: CSF Comments on Fish and Game Commission Strategic Planning ProcessOct 15
- Bill To Eliminate Drift Gill Nets in California Advances in SenateSep 6
- California: CSF Opposes African Trophy Ban BillAug 10 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
What do you think is the most important state-level policy issue impacting sportsmen and women in the 2019 legislative sessions?Vote Here
- Recruiting, Retaining, and Reactivating (R3) hunters and anglers (26.12%)
- Addressing the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) (17.91%)
- Increasing public hunting and angling access (23.51%)
- Combating the anti-sportsmen and animal rights agendas (32.46%)