This report includes 2016 data on hunter, angler, and target shooter participation and expenditures and well as information on the American System of Conservation Funding.
Download the 2018 infographic.
2018 Sportsmen’s Economic Impact ReportClick Here
Your opinion counts
Studies conducted at both the state and federal level have found that the number of hunters and trappers have been on a generally declining trend over the past several decades. To increase recruitment, retention, and reactivation (R3) of hunters and trappers, which initiative do you think would have the greatest impact?Vote Here
- Increase the number of states with discounted license tailored to specific groups. (3.25%)
- Increase access to public lands. (29.24%)
- Provide more information for new participants. (3.25%)
- Provide hands on opportunities to improve skills and knowledge. (13.72%)
- Engage youth through hunter and conservation programs in schools. (43.68%)
- I feel we have enough sportsmen and women and do not believe R3 programs are necessary. (6.86%)