The Hawkeye State has 598,000 hunters and anglers who spend $779 million annually and support 11,549 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Iowa are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, Governor Kim Reynolds, and the Iowa Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Iowa please contact Lower Midwestern STates Coordinator Kent Keene.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Iowa Members — Your representatives in Congress.
Governor Kim Reynolds
Governors Sportsmen's Caucus Member
A network of pro-sportsmen governors who work to advance the sportsmen's agenda
Iowa Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Jim Carlin
Representative Terry Baxter
Representative Scott Ourth
- Lower Midwest: 2019 Legislative Session ReviewJun 24
- Midwest: State Action in the Fight against Chronic Wasting DiseaseAug 17
- Iowa: Caucus Hosts Day at the RangeApr 20 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Which of the following do you think would most effectively support increasing hunting participation numbers?Vote Here
- Improve hunter and target shooter involvement in regulatory and legislative processes. (12.03%)
- Enact or expand temporary hunter education deferral programs (apprentice license programs, multiyear options, programs for all first-time hunters regardless of age, and programs promoting hunting of multiple game species). (11.62%)
- Offer shooting sports and hunter education as school activities and recreation programs. (64.73%)
- Link existing programming into family-oriented organizations (such as churches and home-school groups) where participants will have the social support to continue. (11.62%)