Previously only available in a newsletter, CSF is now pleased to offer a more interactive version of Tracking The Capitols, which allows you to search for specific legislation or regulations on issues - and in the states - that you are most interested in. This new service allows you to gain information at a time of your choosing, instead of waiting for the weekly newsletter, and also allows you to refine your search criteria to provide you with only the information you wish to see.
CSF invites you to sign up for customized legislative and regulatory email alerts by clicking the "Sign up for email alerts" button at the top of the page. In so doing, you can self-select the states and issues that you are most interested in, and will receive an email alert sent to your inbox with timely updates on a schedule of your choosing (daily or weekly).
For administrative help or questions about the State Net system, please contact Emily George at email@example.com or 202-543-6850 x11.
Full Instructions for Tracking the Capitols Registration.
If you have ever received our "Tracking the Capitols" email newsletter than we have already created your account.
Click here to Activate your account
If you have any questions please contact Emily George (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your opinion counts
Recently, two Montana state representatives have proposed more aggressive legislation addressing the state's gray wolf population. These bills range from the addition of a wolf tag into big game combination tags, to year-round sanctioned harvest without a license, use of snare traps, and private reimbursement of wolf harvest. Currently, the wolf population in Montana sits at 850 wolves, which is 700 over the state’s minimum recovery goal of 150 wolves. Which of the below options for wolf management do you support? (Select all that apply)Vote Here
- Regulated hunting under the management of the state fish and wildlife agency during a specific season (28.57%)
- Year-round hunting of wolves without a license (14.29%)
- The use of snares (trapping) without hunting allowances (0.00%)
- A combination of hunting and trapping during specific seasons regulated by the fish and wildlife agency (38.10%)
- The establishment of a bounty program to incentivize harvest during specific seasons (4.76%)
- Other (0.00%)
- I do not support the take of wolves (14.29%)