The Hawkeye State has 598,000 hunters and anglers who spend $779 million annually and support 11,549 jobs. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Iowa are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, Governor Kim Reynolds, and the Iowa Legislative Sportsmen’s Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Iowa, please contact Lower Midwestern States Coordinator Kent Keene.
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Iowa Members — Your representatives in Congress.
Governor Kim Reynolds
Governors Sportsmen's Caucus Member
A network of pro-sportsmen governors who work to advance the sportsmen's agenda
Iowa Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Chris Cournoyer
Senator Kevin Kinney
Representative Terry Baxter
- What’s the Deal with Using Dogs to Recover Deer in Iowa?Jan 25
- Pheasant Season Outlook Looking Good Throughout Parts of the MidwestSep 14
- Iowa: Legislature Passes Several Sportsmen’s Bill upon Returning to SessionJun 15 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
In the past year ammunition sales have surged for a variety of reasons. As a result, many ammunition retailers have struggled to keep up with the demand and prices have increased dramatically for some of the more popular rounds. Has this affected your ability to enjoy hunting and recreational shooting activities?Vote Here
- Yes, I have been unable to purchase needed ammunition. (51.72%)
- Yes, I have had to pay higher costs to purchase needed ammunition. (18.97%)
- Yes, I have been unwilling to pay higher costs for ammunition and have decreased my participation in hunting and/or recreational shooting. (24.14%)
- No, my participation in hunting and/or recreational shooting has not been affected. (5.17%)