Ranking 9th in total sportsmen and 5th in annual spending, The Badger State’s 1.55 million sportsmen spend $4.03 billion annually and support over 55,722 jobs in the state. Working with CSF in a coordinated effort to protect and promote the sportsmen’s traditions in Wisconsin are members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, and the Wisconsin Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus.
For more information on the elected officials protecting and promoting the sportsmen’s traditions in Wisconsin please contact Upper Midwestern States Manger Nick Buggia.
Wisconsin State Caucus Fact Sheet
Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
Wisconsin Members — Your representatives in Congress.
Wisconsin Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus
Caucus Leadership — Your local representatives in state government
Senator Mark Miller
Representative Nick Milroy
Representative Rob Stafsholt
- Great Lakes Wolf Recovery is Conservation Success StoryMar 22
- Wisconsin - A look at some of the Highlights of the Badger State’s 2020 Legislative SessionApr 13
- Wisconsin: CSF Staff Attends Capitol Breakfast BriefingDec 10 View more media alerts »
Reports and Data
Your opinion counts
Recently, two Montana state representatives have proposed more aggressive legislation addressing the state's gray wolf population. These bills range from the addition of a wolf tag into big game combination tags, to year-round sanctioned harvest without a license, use of snare traps, and private reimbursement of wolf harvest. Currently, the wolf population in Montana sits at 850 wolves, which is 700 over the state’s minimum recovery goal of 150 wolves. Which of the below options for wolf management do you support? (Select all that apply)Vote Here
- Regulated hunting under the management of the state fish and wildlife agency during a specific season (24.75%)
- Year-round hunting of wolves without a license (14.85%)
- The use of snares (trapping) without hunting allowances (1.98%)
- A combination of hunting and trapping during specific seasons regulated by the fish and wildlife agency (33.66%)
- The establishment of a bounty program to incentivize harvest during specific seasons (2.97%)
- Other (1.98%)
- I do not support the take of wolves (19.80%)